Wednesday, March 10, 2010

fine! here it is! But you're not going to like it...

Have you ever wondered why packing peanuts come in a "W" and a "S" shape?  Well wonder no more! (click here for the wikipedia link Tad)  The "S" comes from the first letter in it's name: STOROpack PelaSpan peanut and the "W" comes from a notable, though not first letter from it's name: RAPAC WingPac peanut because consistency in naming is for the birds!


This curiosity that caused this choice of article comes from the fact that in our office we have a large box of "W" and "S" shaped packing peanuts and I didn't have a lot to do last week.  Also, I do have a lot to do this week, so I didn't really want to post, but I did anyway.  For you people.  All four of my followers better read it since I posted it.  That means you have to read it twice Tad.  Once for each account.  Also to make up for the completely quarter-assed post, here is what I did with the packing peanuts last week when boredom and kinetics set in:



4 comments:

  1. Meh, again I could have used more wikipedia, but the space invaders come close to making up for it. I think Tad is just easy to please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jarod, you totally forgot to mention the cornstarch kind. You can color them orange with a marker, and pretend they're cheetos. Then you can hide in your room and eat them when mommy and daddy yell at each other. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh jeez, I totally forgot to comment. But you already knew I thought this was awesome...

    I am excited for your next Wiki Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete