Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Back in Black (symbiote that is)

Alright alright.

As Leigh Ann has so graciously reminded me, finals are over.  I'll try to get back into the swing of things with the ol' blogger-ooni (not to be confused with Blogger-oni, which is the legendary japenese demon of the blog).

So, even though it's Tuesday, here's a little of what I've been up to:

So I bought a game cube last month for something to do, and to celebrate the end of finals I bought some games on Amazon.com.  One of these games was Ultimate Spiderman.  This game may be my new favorite thing other than painting ghostly figures on my neighbors windows in clear luminescent paint.  The webslinging is wonderful, the voice acting and dialogue are witty and enjoyable, and the cut scenes are like unto reading one of the comic books.
Now I've read that the game is short which is a problem, and I can vouch for the games desire to force me to do the race side missions (or main missions-damn you electro!) to progress the story.  Admittedly, this aspect of the game sucks.  But it's a small issue in the grand glory of not having Tobey Maguire's stupid ass voicing over my favorite hero.  This game is in no way tied to the movie, which is one of the reasons it's so wonderful.
All in all, the game play could use some tweaking and a longer main story is desired.  That, I feel, is a good thing though.  It means that the story line was something I enjoyed, and therefore want more of.  The cell shaded style is reminiscent of the comics on which the game is based.  If you're a fan of New York's beloved Web-head, then this game is a must.  If you're a "real gamer" (a.k.a. merciless prick who thinks the only good games that involve a headset mic, high end graphics, and a recliner in your mom's basement) then stay away.  If you simply hate Sam Raimi and want to play a fun, albeit short, game then dish out a few bucks and buy a used copy.

Until next time, true believers,
Excelsior!

No comments:

Post a Comment